Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Outside all day long!

Today was a great kick off to summer of 2013! We didn't have to be anywhere or do anything, so today was all about Dawson!  I've been so busy lately and it seems like I've been whisking him here and there and haven't given him much of "his time." We started the morning off with chocolate chip waffles and chocolate milk then we got on our summer clothes on headed out the door! He learned how to drive the power wheels, played with his truck in the dirt, shot some hoop, and then we took off on a bike ride to the park :-) Daws ran and ran, climbed slides, swung for half an hour I swear, and picked dandelions. After the park we met grandma Teresa at the pizza place for some lunch. Played with aunt Tia and grandma Tara for a few minuets, and had to put the pause on the fun for nap time. After a good rest- it was back outside for more playing. More basketball, riding, and great fun with some sidewalk chalk! Then it was definitely time for a bath! Since it was a great summer day, it was time for a nice summer hair cut- after that we busted out the summer Jammies and off to bed.    We were outside ALL DAY LONG and Daws thought I was the coolest!! 
   Days like this remind me of why I am living my fairytale. I've always dreamed of the yard with toys strung all over, pictures all over the sidewalk, dirty hands and toes, bath time after a long day followed by snuggles. I'm so blessed. 



Notice he's sitting on his basketball while creating his art! 



No comments:

Post a Comment